Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thing 20 - You Tube

I am familiar with You Tube and have used it many times in the past. You Tube for Teachers is excellent. I now belong to a group that uploads book trailers so we can all download them and use them to promote books in the library. There is some tech snafus at the present, but hopefully all will be worked out. When I participated in a Book Cart Drill Team, our Presentation was put on you tube. It is very easy and a great resource. I have found authors talking about their current books, and so many, many resources. I think it is especially important to consider today in that our students are visual and LOVE videos. I think libraries can search You Tube for videos about any subject area they need. Previewing is a MUST, but this is a great resource.

1 comment:

  1. I participated in book cart drill team too - Denton Super Librarians. It sure is funny the response you get from people when you show them the video on You tube.

    ReplyDelete