Thursday, June 25, 2009

thing 11

im's are interesting. I have had a gmail account for quite a while now and enjoy im ing from time to time, but not all the time. sometimes I am not in the mood to im or don't have time, so I have to be careful to have chat off. when you are in the mood and have time, it is fun and you can talk quickly instead of waiting for an easy to email etc. speaking of that, Facebook has a chat feature and I need to turn it on tonight because I am trying to get together with friends from high school and it takes forever when we just use facebook email. Now about the language. I am behind the times. I do text so I know a little, but cannot keep up with the high scholars. A niece and I were texting and I kept asking what highway she was on and she kept replying idk and they were supposed to be on lbj. Finally when we got together I asked her if she knew where she was and she said....no and I told you
I DON'T KNOW - IDK. And I said OH!!! I use a few abbreviations but nothing like what some people do for sure. I want to try and use some abbreviations for a sign in the library and see if we can communicate effectively.

I have used iming when doing a grad class discussing. It worked beautifully. I can see where students could also use it to discuss something etc. Can it be monitored?
Do we have to worry about that? A lot of questions remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment