Saturday, July 4, 2009

doin the Library thing no 16

Thing 16 Library thing

I have explored Librarything before. It is a huge website…..lots there. I sure think it would be cool to get some ARC’s but I suppose you need to check back a lot and sign up fast. The list was extremely long.
I found I See Dead People’s Books and checked out e.e. cumming’s library.
I think this could be valuable when teaching about particular authors since it contains their fav. quotes, etc. LIBRARIANS WHO LIBRARY THING has interesting posts especially about the things patrons say. I can see where it might be useful for librarians. Actually after I had browed this website for quite a while, I had to use the FIND shortcut to find these two sections that were mentioned in our blog to check out. The website is HUGE.

The On this Day section is an interesting one to look at daily, especially in the library. I checked out READ YA Lit since I am a middle school librarian and if I had the time I would probably check in with them more. They discuss one book a month, which could be very insightful.

2 comments:

  1. I liked Library Thing too but it is very big. I haven't had a chance to visit again. After I finish the 23 things stuff I will dipping my toes back in the ocean that is Library Thing. I liked the bookclub options -I may join an online bookclub. Maybe we could do one together? Comraderie and all that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great on the 23 things. You have more completed than anyone else in my group. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete