Tuesday, July 14, 2009

thing 17 LibWorm

I explored Libworm and did search book challenges since I am very interested in the topic. It seems to be a hot topic now and sure enough with lobworm as well. Over 1838 pages are given…..wow it will take me a while to get though all of these! I did subscribe to this topic with my Google reader since I want to read a lot about this topic. I especially like the idea that this focuses on libraries and librarians …..how much better can you get??? I have never explored this resource before! Great find.
I also explored historical fiction and found a great site that gave hot topics such as those concerning real people’s lives and/or with strong female protagonists as well as anything tudor-related. I personally feel I want to spend more time promoting this genre since they are often over looked in fiction and also they can provide great resources to history teachers as well a students interested in a certain topic. I plan on taking a look at a lot more of these valuable resources. I did a phrase search of my library, Crockett Middle School Library, and it was not listed. I tried several other of the middle schools in Irving and none of them were listed either. Over all I think the quality of results that LibWorm gives you is great. I do plan to use it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I had to go take a look at this myself. I hadn't heard of LibWorm. Kind of a cool way to be able to search out library topics in one place.

    ReplyDelete