Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing 19 google docs

I have used Google docs before with my family and at school with colleagues. It think it is a great resource and the best thing I like about it is you can always find it. Always. For example, I made a spreadsheet of my mother’s medicines. She lives alone and is almost 80 years old. Sometimes she forgets some things, and also we want to be as involved as possible when it come to her care. So, I then shared the document with my brothers and sister. We all are collaborators and can edit the document because we all need to be able to update it if we find out new information. I also have a link to my Google docs on my igoogle page for easy accessibility.
I also used Google docs among fellow middle school librarians. We were discussing and adding to a book list we were going to use for booktalks at our monthly city book club. It was a great tool to use in this instance because once again it was available for us all to access and edit and view whenever we wanted. I LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment